For the past four years, every other Saturday, Reno First's Drop in the Bucket (DIB) volunteers have assembled and distributed bags of food to those inneed. Our program's name reflects the recognition that an individual's efforts may be a "drop in the bucket" but with the efforts of many, a bucket will eventually fill to the brim.
Special thanks to:
- All those who donate food and funds to DIB
- Our volunteers
- Reno Central Rotary for donating shampoo, lotion, soap, tooth brushes and tooth paste for hygiene kits
- Reno First's MYF and Sadie Stone for assembling 100+ hygiene kits
- Local physical therapists for their successful peanut butter and jelly food drive
- Richard Drath, DIB founder and organizer extraordinaire.
You can help support DIB by making a financial contribution (we partner with the Food Bank of Northern Nevada, which allows us to purchase food for 18 cents a pound) to the church with the notation "Drop in the Bucket" and/or by donating food (there is a big orange DIB barrel near the entrance to Fellowship Hall). We appreciate all your donations! Foods that are in high demand:
- Canned meats such as Spam, small canned hams that do not require refrigeration, canned corned beef, Vienna Sausages, canned roast beef
- Complete meals in a can such as Stew, Chili, Ravioli, Spaghettios.
- Stove Top Stuffing Tuna or Hamburger Helper (although we receive quite a bit of tuna, many of our guests say they do not have a lot of spices to jazz up a casserole)
- Evaporated Milk or Powdered Milk (small individual packages, for food safety, we do not take dry bulk items and rebag them into individual packets).
THANKS so much for your support!
Jeff Spalin and Nancy Wong